Broker Check

Meeting With Us

In order to ensure that each individual's identity and personal information is as secure as possible, the IRS and state revenue agencies now request an additional identification confirmation step. To fulfill this requirement, please provide copies of all taxpayers' unexpired Driver's Licenses. Other methods of acceptable verification include a Real ID, a State-Issued Identification Card, a passport, a utility bill, a credit card statement, or an account statement from a financial institution. The paperwork or ID should confirm the name and address of the taxpayer. If you’ve previously provided ID, but renewed it since last spring, a copy of the now-current ID should be provided.

In addition, if you claim children under age 17 for the Child Tax Credit or the Earned Income Credit, documentation must be provided that proves the child resides with you. This may include a doctor's bill or a school record, etc. - anything that states both the dependent's name and address. If your children are older and you intend to claim an Education Credit, similar documentation must be provided to verify the child's home address. This can include a 1098T, which details tuition costs. This verification step is in place to document that the taxpayer meets the requirements to claim the credit. 

What to bring to your tax appointment:

  • Dates of birth and copies of Social Security cards for any new family members
  • New banking information, if it's changed, for direct deposit of possible refunds
  • Labels, envelopes and forms from federal, state and local taxing authorities
  • W-2 forms, 1099s and any other statements of income
  • Pension/retirement income
  • Social Security or Unemployment Compensation details
  • Child care expenses, as well as educational or work-related expenses
  • Self-employed income & expenses
  • Data on college tuition payments (room & board not deductible)
  • Real estate tax receipts, including mortgage interest statements if applicable. If you've refinanced your mortgage, please provide a copy of your settlement sheet
  • Copy of your 1095-A if health insurance was purchased through the Marketplace.
  • Information on any HSA contributions
  • If retired, bring sales tax paperwork for any major purchase you may have made, such as a new or used car or a large appliance, etc.
  • If at any time during 2023, you received (as a reward, award, or payment for property or services) or sold, exchanged, gifted or otherwise disposed of a digital asset (or a financial interest in a digital asset), please provide all transaction details

If it's your first year with us, please bring all of the above, plus:

  • A copy of last year's tax return
  • Dates of birth and copies of Social Security cards for taxpayer, spouse & children
  • Proof of address for dependents
  • A voided check for direct deposit of any possible refunds